How We Use Your Information
ADRC keep records about your health and your assessment. The records may include:
- basic details about you, such as address and next of kin
- reports and details about your health and any previous treatments
- results of investigations, such as X-rays and laboratory tests
- relevant information from other health professionals, relatives or carers
- contacts we have had with you, as part of your assessment
- details of your assessment and a copy of your report
No-one outside the ADRC team except your GP routinely sees your information. Access to data may be required in extremely rare circumstances. We maintain our legal duty of confidentiality to you at all times. We will only ever use or pass on information about you if others involved in your care have a genuine need for it.
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your permission unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as when the health or safety of others is at risk or where the law requires information to be passed on.
You have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to find out what information we hold about you. This is known as ‘the right of subject access’. If you would like to make a subject access request, please make this request in writing to the Clinic Manager (a fee of £10 will be charged).
If you would like to know more about how we use your information, or if you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact the Clinic Manager.