The ADRC Clinical Team comprises a Clinic Manager, two Clinical Psychologists, a Forensic Neuropsychologist, and two Consultant Psychiatrists - one specialising in Learning Disabilities and the other in Adult Mental Health. Together they have a wealth of experience and expertise in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Through links with the Department of Psychology and the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Training Course at the University of Southampton, the ADRC has access to a range of unique resources. We are therefore able to offer two types of consultancy - Peer Consultancy and Team Consultancy.
If appropriate, either type of consultancy can be facilitated through secure web-conferencing. This allows for greater flexibility, and is more cost-effective in terms of time and money.
A meeting with a member of the ADRC Clinical Team, usually on a one-to-one basis to:
- Receive peer supervision.
- Discuss general issues related to Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Discuss specific issues relating to one or more individuals.
- Provide access to researched, clinical literature and other referenced materials to inform and facilitate appropriate intervention.
A meeting between one or more members of the ADRC Clinical Team, and relevant key-workers aimed at facilitating improved care for, and management of, people with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It will provide an opportunity to:
- Discuss general issues related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Discuss specific issues, with an interdisciplinary team, that relate to the management and support of a particular patient
- Advise and enable key-workers responsible for the long-term management of a particular patient
- Provide access to researched, clinical literature and other referenced materials to inform and facilitate appropriate intervention
This may be appropriate in situations where a referral to ADRC Southampton is not possible (for example, where the individual does not consent to a referral being made), but where that individual’s key-workers have identified a need for help.
If a subsequent referral is made to ADRC Southampton the cost of the Team Consultancy may be off-set against one of the assessment components.